Sunday, March 10, 2013

Radius on James South, Hamilton, Ontario



Augusta Morning Glory
Today, my friend Sarah and I went to Radius for brunch. I had previously gone there for dinner and loved it and was certainly not at all disappointed with brunch.


First thing's first: a nice brunch beverage should never be underestimated. I decided to treat myself to what they call "Augusta Morning Glory". This drink is a delicious mixture of Russian Standard vodka, fresh lemon juice, elderflower, peach syrup and prosecco. It was a beautiful lilac colour and absolutely dee-lish!
Sir Isaac Buchanan Benedict

I ordered the Sir Isaac Buchanan Benedict for brunch and my friend ordered the benny straight up with ham (pictured below). While their new brunch menu boasts many sweet options, we were both in the mood for something savory and meaty.

The Sir Isaac is one of the more unique takes on the benny that I have ever come across. Instead of english muffins, the base is comprised of two grilled portobello mushrooms. They are topped with beef tenderloin medallions with Jensen's smoked blue cheese and a béarnaise sauce. The dish is finished with a poached egg and hollandaise sauce. 

Radius is definitely a restaurant that I would recommend to anyone either living in the city or coming to visit (in fact, I did recommend it to two tourists walking around the area who had approached me for a restaurant recommendation!) The service is friendly and prompt and menu selection is unique and local with a lot of variety. 
Eggs Benedict with ham

Looking forward to going there again to try the PB&J stuffed french toast! I saw someone else eating it and it looked massive and amazing. 

bon appétit!

Maegan

No comments:

Post a Comment